Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My kind of recipe

We all know I'm not much of a cook. Okay, I'm no kind of a cook. But when it comes to cocktails, I'm not half bad at mixing up something delicious. I guess I just embrace my inner mixologist more than my inner chef.

So when these recipes for Halloween cocktails from the folks at SKYY vodka made their way into my inbox, I was pretty happy. I would have been happier if they had sent some samples too. Sigh.

Can't wait to try these out this weekend!

Jack-O-Lantern
2 oz. SKYY Infusions Citrus
1 oz. mango nectar or juice
0.5 oz. orange juice
0.5 oz. fresh sour*

Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and pour into a goblet glass and garnish with a slice of orange and a mint leaf laid flat on top. (*Combine 0.25 oz. fresh lime juice and 0.75 oz. simple syrup.)

Vampire’s Elixir
1.5 oz. SKYY Infusions Raspberry
0.75 oz. white chocolate liqueur
1 oz. half and half
Strawberry syrup

Dress strawberry syrup on the inside and rim of a chilled martini glass. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into martini glass. Garnish with vampire teeth.

No comments: