Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Almost Margarita Time!

I'd be hard pressed to come up with a day or time that's not right for a margarita, but hot July nights certainly beg for one, don't you think? My friend Katie sent me the following message and I just had to trust her on this. If you make it, let me know. Or better yet, call me and let me taste!!

"This is the BEST MARGARITA YOU WILL EVER HAVE…. Is at a restaurant called Lonesome Dove in Fort Worth, TX. Recipe below – I think we should try to make it one night. "
Jalapeno Cucumber Margarita
1- 1/2 oz Milagro Tequila
½ oz Cointreau
Fresh lime juice
2 slices fresh jalapenos
1 slice peeled cucumber
½ oz simple syrup
Muddle jalapenos and cucumber with simple syrup. Add ice, tequila, cointreau and lime juice. Shake and serve in cocktail glass.

No comments: