Friday, January 16, 2009

Checking Out The Counter Burger

There's a new burger place in town. No, not THAT one. Flip your car around and head up to Roswell for a delicious made-to-order burger and some insanely crispy and addicting sweet potato fries. The Counter Burger is refreshingly friendly while still hip and cool. The staff is amazing and even though they were busy, there was no wait.
The deal here is that you can custom build your burger the way you like it. They have little pieces of paper for you to check off your choices starting with beef, turkey, veggie or chicken. Of course I went with the beef. It's humanely raised, all-natural. Perfectly prepared, so juicy. Then you can pick toppings, type of bun, sauces - the combinations must be endless. Being a bit of a burger purist, I went with Tillamook Cheddar, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and then, getting a little crazy, I ordered the caramelized onion marmalade on the side. YUM. They also have a nice selection (8 or so) of their own burger creations. My friend got the Taco Turkey burger and that's about all I can say about it, cuz she didn't even give me a bite! Guess it was good.
They have lots of shakes and malts. We decided we just had "to taste" the featured Birthday Cake shake which our server told us tasted like cookie dough. Um, yep, it sure did. And we barely left a drop. So much for the "taste!"
I like this place. I learned later that they are based in California and have a bunch of locations. It didn't feel like a chain at all. I'm not up in Roswell that often but it was a short drive from the office and it's quicker than a trip to a congested intown area where you might have to wait an hour. Just saying.


No comments: