Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dogwood Restaurant Opening Party


Last Friday evening, I attended one of the grand opening parties for Dogwood restaurant. Bea-u-tiful space!
When I first arrived, there was a little bit of a wait, so I decided to sit at the stunning bar that had caught my eye when I first walked in. Very chic, yet very cozy. The bartenders were all very knowledgeable and friendly -- they didn't seem to be stressed at all that this was the first night they were open.
The hostess seated me in the mezzanine level, the top level, that has a glass railing overlooking the restaurant. Very cool spot!
I ordered the smoked trout cake for an appetizer, and the beef tenderloin with cabernet sauvignon reduction for my entree. After seeing the amount of people flooding the restaurant, I was a little worried that I wouldn't be eating until much later! But, to my surprise, the kitchen ran very smoothly and my meal was wonderful.
The owners describe this restaurant as "Southern hospitality and sophisticated cuisine". I certainly agree. I will be back soon -- especially if there is a performance at The Fox Theatre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful restaurant. The food and service were excellant especially considering it was the opening weekend. I would say that it is the friendliest service I have received in an upcale restaurant.For dinner I had the fried green tomatoes which came with shrimp,remoulade,and a lovely chow chow. For my entree an amazing whisky glazed pork chop. Everyone else at our table seemed equally impressed. If this is only the start the I can't wait to eat what the future holds. Great job.

Anonymous said...

wonderful new restaurant.
i have been twice and have been impressed with everything....