Thursday, May 1, 2008

Virginia Willis Picks up Pan and Pen at Cook’s Warehouse - Midtown for Bon Appétit, Y'all Book Signing

As a California girl to the bone, I am much more likely to say “dude” than “y’all,” but I have to confess -- I have been enamored with Southern cooking since the first day I relocated to Atlanta. Synonymous with Southern hospitality, Southern food is all about making oneself at home with a plate of food; which is something I can definitely dig my fork into! As I continue to develop my skills as a weekend cook, I love to chat and swap recipes with others who have the same passion for Southern food as I have. That’s why I was so excited to hear that the author of my new favorite cookbook is coming to the Cook’s Warehouse.

Y’all come, now! Virginia Willis will sign her much anticipated new cookbook, Bon Appétit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking (Ten Speed Press 2008) and engage in cooking demos at Cook’s Warehouse – Midtown on Friday, May 2 from 7 – 9 p.m. Such multi-tasking comes easily to the former producer for “Martha Stewart Living” and “Epicurious” television shows. Why buy this southern cookbook? Alton Brown sums it up best, “Although her food is undeniably southern, it comes across as international, universal even. Other than Patricia Wells and Marcella Hazan, I cannot think of another cook who has managed to pull this off."

Come taste, talk, and take home an autographed copy (hint, Mother’s Day is May 11) . . . you may even win a copy as a prize during the evening’s raffle. Music, entertainment and tastings are a given. $25 per person; proceeds benefit the Les Dames d'Escoffier Scholarship fund and the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Click here to register. Cook’s Warehouse – Midtown is located at 549-I Amsterdam Avenue, NE; 404-815-4993.

Already “booked” this Friday night? Stay tuned! We’re in the know as to where and when Willis will be signing this gem again, and we'll never let you down!

No comments: