Monday, May 5, 2008

Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show



I had fun at the Metro Cooking show this weekend at the Galleria. It was like a big trade show of gourmet foods and new food products. Among my favorite nibbles was some cinammon/nutmeg peanut butter from a company in Roswell - it's call Chet's and the best part is that it comes in a squeeze bottle! I also really liked Heaters jalapeno-infused peanuts - yummy and spicy.




There was all sorts of entertainment and cooking demos. While I didn't get a glimpse of Paula Deen nor her two cute sons (drat!), I did get a good seat for Gerry Klaskala's demo of "the best meatballs you've ever had." They were made with veal, pork, beef and ricotta cheese - YUM. They really were outstanding - if you want the recipe, let me know and I'll post it. As usual, Gerry was a crowd pleaser, answering general cooking questions like "how do I know which olive oil to buy?" "what's the secret to great marinara?" and "why are these meatballs better than my mom's?" He told the group all about Canoe and Aria and I feel sure he'll have some new guests there soon!




I was also delighted to stop by the Three Sisters booth. These crazy local Atlanta girls are so successful! Their POP product samples were gone - again. They had refilled four times! It's no wonder - it's delish and their booth was so attractive that it practically drew people over like a magnet.




I didn't know what to expect since this is the first time this show was here in Atlanta. But it was a lot of fun. I'd definitely go back.

No comments: