Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We Are All Screaming for Ice Cream!

Today is going to be a long lunch break kind of day. Why you ask? Because I'm anticipating long lines at Ben & Jerry's when I stop in for my free scoop. Yep, you read correctly. Today is Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop. I'm not going to get my usual scoop of Phish Food. I think I'll try something different like Neopolitan Dynamite. Your favorite flavors are free from noon until 8 p.m. Find your closest Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shop here. See you there!

Here is a little background on why this day exists. Thirty years ago in Burlington, Vermont, Ben and Jerry started scooping out free ice cream one day each year to thank all their friends and neighbors for supporting them over the past 365 days. This heart-melting tradition continues, and lucky you, today is THE DAY!

No comments: