Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ecco Taste of Spain Dinner Last Night




Wow. I had a taste of Spain and a lot of sips of Spain at Ecco last night! As usual the Fifth Group team did a fab job putting on a party. We started out in the bar with apps and champagne. Gotta love that to get you in the mood.

Then we moved to the back room where we were seated at small tables with others. My friend and I lucked out with four great guys who are Ecco fans and have traveled a ton. I am now planning a trip to Croatia based on their recommendation!






But, back to the food .... The ham croquette app was to die for. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of it, but it was there and then it was gone! For dinner we had a tasty chorizo dish and some nice big prawns. Then we had a scrumptious paella - chicken and mushroom. Then we had suckling pig and this apple/onion side dish that I'm not describing well but went perfectly with the pork. For dessert they served these crazy fritters that had a vanilla tasting filling inside. We scarfed them down.






The wines were awesome. We loved the opening Albarino. And the reds were all outstanding with everyone at the table favoring a different one. I liked the Rioja best.

Definitely a fun evening.

No comments: