Friday, April 11, 2008

Bellinis and Brunch at Vita

Guess where I'll be tomorrow morning? I'm not sleeping in, I won't be at the gym and I'm definitely not going to be at work... Nope, I'm happy to say I'll be sacrificing a late morning in bed to test out Vita's new brunch menu. The casual, New York-style Italian eatery is kicking off their Bellini Brunch this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

With choices of French toast, omelets and frittatas (all $12 - definitely one of the most affordable brunches in the city) I'm not sure I'll be able to make up my mind what to try on my first visit. Currently, I'm leaning towards the chicken frittata with pulled chicken, pancetta and mozzarella cheese, but get a few Bellinis in me and who knows what I'll pick...

Speaking of Bellinis, have you ever tried to make a Bellini at home? For those who haven't, it is terribly easy (and delicious). Simply peel and puree a fresh, very ripe then pour into a and top with
As a side note, I recently tried a shockingly good sparkling wine made in New Mexico that I found at Whole Foods. Turns out apparently New Mexico's climate is ideal for sparkling wine production. Who knew?!

No comments: