Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Yelpin' It Up At Marlow's Midtown

Monday night, Marlow's Tavern in Midtown hosted a very cool group of Atlantans... Yelpers! I give Yelp the cool stamp not just because I'm a member, but because it really is a great group of people. If you don't already know what I'm talking about, definitely go to the website and find out. If I had to describe the world of yelp, I would say it's a mix of citysearch, facebook and awesomeness.

Monday night was a happy hour meet up for all yelpers in the Atlanta area and Marlow's was a great venue for us socialites. There was free parking (big plus in Midtown), specialty drinks, complimentary appetizers and plenty of room for the almost 200 people that came out. Pictured above are a few friends I met at the event; Deanna J., Aanal P., Tavis N. and Sean M. I'm not one to just go to an event alone and chat with strangers, but yelp is different. I felt like I already knew everyone after reading their reviews the past few months. It was such a diverse crowd, too. I met a pre-law student, a CNN producer, an actress, a computer IT worker at Emory and a couple that just moved here from Orlando. Thanks to Marlow's for accommodating us all and to Deanna J. for setting the whole thing up. Now sign up for Yelp, Atlantans!


Check out all these people you could meet ------->

No comments: